Friday, March 30, 2012

Meet, Stickers......


Meet Stickers, our new family dog. Yes, dog. Even though it looks like a rat, it is, in fact, a dog.

Since I've been sewing pillows a lot lately I have had bags of pillow batting laying around the house. The bags have pictures of all kinds of stuffed animals on them. My son saw them and decided that I needed to make one. My thoughts? "Umm, Seriously? A stuffed animal? No, thanks..." And of course with his amazingly accurate memory he did not forget about it. So, because I love my child, I attempted to figure out how to make a stuffed puppy(his choice).

Thanks to some tutorials online this is what I came up with....

Puppy Patterns I made...
My son decorated this one :)  

I used scraps of fabric from my oldest's baby bedding. We did red gingham for the main part of the puppy and a "fuzzy" ivory for the belly and ears.


It took a little figuring out, but the puppy did in fact get finished.



We added buttons and ribbon for a collar.

In my opinion it's kinda ugly, but my son loves it, so that makes it totally worth it...even a little cuter :)

The things we do for our kids......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...