Friday, March 16, 2012

Fab Food...Chocolate Strawberry Frozen Yogurt...

Okay so today's Fab Food is pretty simple, but has been my favorite healthy treat as of last week.

On the way home from church last Wednesday night we were passing by all kinds of fast food restraunts (which was not helping the "hungry, but I need to eat healthy" thought) and I began craving ice cream. Knowing I had almost made it through the whole day and had not "blown" my healthy food plan I knew I couldn't give in. Instead, I created this.....

Chocolate Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

2 oz. plain fat-free yogurt
2 oz. vanilla yogurt
1/2 tsp. dark choclate cocoa powder
2 or 3 strawberries, diced

1) Put yogurts in a bowl and mix to combine
2) Mix in cocoa
3) Add diced strawberries and mix


4) Put in Freezer for 30 min-1 hour
5) Take out, stir a little and enjoy!


This was the perfect amount and the perfect level of sweetness to calm my craving.

Using the yogurt I had it came to about 100 calories 1.5 grams of fat.

In other news, tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day. My favorite holiday of the year(No, I'm not lying)! Green has been my favorite color for a long time and this gives me a great excuse to go overboard in it! This year has been exceptionally fun because our 1st born is finally old enough to have fun with on this holiday(I'll explain tomorrow!)

I hope you have your green meals, pots of gold at the end of the rainbow, and green clothing all ready for the BIG day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...