Friday, April 20, 2012

Fab Food Friday: Crustless Quiche

The past couple months I've been saying that I have been trying to lose the last of my baby weight by cutting way back on flour and sugar while bumping up the amount of fruits, veggies, and protiens. Well, within the last week I went down a size!!! WOOHOO! I'm pre-baby! Needless to say I was pretty pumped, which is even more encouraging to keep up the "plan".

I love quiche. Like, LOVE. I believe it is one of those super cute girly foods that can go, breakfast, brunch, and dinner. Usually when I make it I make it with a pie crust and cream...which of course is slightly less than healthy. This past week since I was loaded up with ham that the in-laws sent home from Easter and I decided I wanted to make a quiche with it. I researched (Pinterest of course!) to see if a crustless quiche could be done and actually look like it would pass the "husband test". I came across this recipe and saw that, yes, in fact it can be done.

I used the recipe for quiche that I came up with a while ago, removed the crust and the cream and well...it was AWESOME! So, I wanted to share...

Crustless Spinach, Ham and Cheese Quiche

1 1/2 cups roughly chopped ham (big pieces to "Man-up" the quiche)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
2 cups fresh, torn spinach
8 eggs
1/2 cup skim milk
1/3 of an onion, diced
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dry ground mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Chives if desired

1) Layer ham, then half of the mozza and cheddar, spinach, and then the rest of the cheese in a greased pie plate




2) Whisk the rest of the ingredients together and pour over the ham, cheese, and spinach


3) I took chives fresh from our garden, chopped them up with scissors and then sprinkled them on top...this is optional, but I love chives and the way they look, so I add them to a lot of dishes!


4) Bake at 375 for 35 minutes


This ended up tasting incredible! I didn't even notice that the crust was gone.

We put it together with a bunch of fresh fruit and some french bread for the man :) It made a great dinner...umm and breakfast for me the next day. Like I said, versatile! This definitely needs to go on your, must try list!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Ok Tasha:) I have it on my menu for next week- Don't tell my husband though:)haha We will see if it will pass the "man" test at our house. I'm going to serve it with smoothies too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! You will love this! And maybe Sam will too :)

      Delete
  2. Yumsters, that looks awesome! I made a crustless one for Easter too and absolutely loved it! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crustless-spinach-quiche/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try that one too! I LOVE quiche!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...