Wednesday, April 25, 2012

S-L-E-E-P

Well, apparently I was one tired momma. I slept from 6:30 last night till 6:15 this morning. W-O-W! Not intentionally. I'm pretty sure that I have never done that before.

This has been happening over the past week. Hoshimotos acting up again? Probably. Stress? Definitely possible. Momma running after a busy pre-schooler and a VERY energetic toddler? Also definitely a possible reason.

When I first got diagnosed with Hoshimotos I decided that to help cope with the fatigue and anxiousness associated with it I just needed to say "no" to things I typically said "yes" to in order to save whatever energy I had for my kids and husband. Lately I had finally been feeling great so I started saying yes to more again. Probably a little too much. Anxiety, stress and exhaustion has crept back into my life and apparently took it's toll.

Last night I took a break. Ha, okay, a LONG break. A needed break. Although at first I felt guilty about it, I am very glad I got some rest.

This morning as I was reflecting on my marathon of sleep I was reminded of Matthew 11:28, "Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Why I didn't go to God with my feelings of anxiety and exhaustion, I don't have an answer, I should have. But God knew. He gave me the rest I needed without me asking.

God is good and has given me much needed REST and peace.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you got some rest:) Hope you are feeling better! See ya Saturday:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...