Friday, January 6, 2012

Sun-shining....

It's amazing what a little sunshine can do for the soul. Today it is sunny with a high of 68 degrees. Sounds beautiful, doesn't it? Well, it is. Today I also have no plans except to stay home, enjoy my boys, and take care of some things around the house that I have been meaning to do for a while. I intentionally asked the hubbs to take the car to work with the carseats in it so that I wouldn't be tempted to go anywhere (don't worry though, in case of an emergency we have extra carseats, I'm just too lazy to put the seats in my hubbs' car unless I have too!)

As much as I love Winter, days like this are incredibly refreshing-- especially after a busy holiday.

Today I took time to drink my coffee, snuggle with my boys, did laundry (a necessary evil), organized our room *a little bit*, and played outside with the munchkins. The rest of my day consists of an adventure to the park, pizza and movie night(Cars, our oldest's choice) with the fam, and my brother coming into town to visit (love his visits!). All are low stress and somehow relaxing to me. This day hasn't been without it's sibling fights, fits or "did you really just do that?'s" but it was still wonderful...and intentional. Intentioned to slow down, let things not get to me as easily, and enjoy this rare, warm, sunny day in Winter.

Here's hoping that if you weren't able to slow down today, that you will make a day for it sometime soon. It's okay to give yourself (and your family) a break every once and a while.

This isn't from today, but this is one of my fav Sun-Shining pics of our littlest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...