Thursday, July 21, 2011

Opposites attract....

This blog was mainly created to celebrate "girlness" of sorts....but today I am going to highlight the beautiful boys in my life and just a few funny/interesting things I have witnessed lately that make me love them even more. I say funny because I have no choice but to find humor in some of these things!

Our almost 3 year old is our "original cutie" and now just has a little "extra flare" to him due to his age :) He is definitely creative, a lot to handle, but extremely....let's just say, awesome. Some of his moments lately:
  • When eating pasta the other night I look over and he is crinkling up his nose and saying "ouch, momma, ouch." I ask him if his nose hurts and he said, "yes, I put a noodle in my nose." My response(laughing perplexedly inside), "well yes, that would make your nose hurt." After exhaustively trying to blow, etc the noodle out and it doesn't resurface, I begin to wonder and just give up. Caden tells us that he needed a band-aid....and sure enough it felt better after that. Crazy how that works out, huh?!  And yes, he did insist on wearing it like this the rest of the day despite Dad's efforts to remove it(I wanted it to stay on mainly because it was pretty darn awesome). We'll call him Rambo.

  • I call this the "summer of the dinosaur" for Caden.  He loves the show "dinosaur train," has many shirts with dinosaurs, has perfected his incredibly loud T-Rex roar(which he likes to "surprise" people at church with from behind), and the never-ending "stomping around like a BIG T-Rex." So I decide to be a cool momma this week and teach him how to paper mache when making a dinosaur. We were doing good....made the body out of balloons, sticks, etc...and were almost finished with the first layer when my always learning boy looks at the dino and asks, "this a boy, momma?" My response, "yeah it can be a boy." Caden's conclusion, "he needs a p****, momma." I busted out laughing and then he exclaims, pointing to a piece of paper that was sticking out in a VERY convenient spot, "OH! He already has one!" And here I had already named "him" Eleanor...oops...
  • A shout out to the Fourth of July....Tonight while my husband was giving Caden a bath, he started *tooting*(I hate saying that btw)--which, LADIES don't do of course ;)-- and told his dad, "that's just fireworks, Dadda..." Normal, of course! And also normal was the streaking that followed while wearing only his Green Lantern mask..... :)
This little guy, well, is just cute....and I am loving finding all the things that make him laugh....and inevitably finding the things that don't. Loves: Caden's horse, girls(typical!), the trampoline, the song "chicka chicka boom boom," and....being held....a lot :) Dislikes: sleeping, being put down(I will admit that I am partly to blame for the not liking to be put down thing...he's just SO huggable!), having toys taken away by the toddler in the house, and rice cereal.

My husband: Well...I love him, and am understanding him better which each boy we add to our clan. We'll leave it at that :)


I LOVE, stay bewildered, and am constantly amused by this COMPLETELY opposite sex....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...