Friday, August 5, 2011

Hoorah for being girl?

No, I did not cook today. So, needless to say, it is not Fab Food Friday. BUT, I will be making a wonderful and easy Key Lime Pie tomorrow that I might just have to chat about in the near future...

My husband pointed out tonight that it has been a while since I last blogged. My response, "I had nothing to say...mainly because I am too exhausted to care." Why was I so exhausted? I found out today, and it is mainly because I am, well, a girl.....so I guess I do have something to say.

Today has been a LONG day, a tiring day, but a very good day.

Today I thought of thyroids....a lot. Thyroids are connected to hormones and when they aren't working correctly you don't feel very good and at the very least, "girly. You feel...blah, and NOT normal(because you aren't!). I have been feeling "blah" off and on for a while now.

Finally with the support of some of the people closest to me I decided to persist, get some answers, and get some HELP (something that is hard for me to ask for and accept).

My answer? Post Pardum Thyroiditis. An enlarged thyroid and a goiter(really wish there could have been a prettier name for this).

My help? Direction, temporary medicine for the next six months (unless it persists), and the relief in knowing that I am not going crazy, I don't have to be this exhausted, and that I can and will feel like myself again.

I appreciate the doctor and his insistence on figuring things out.

I appreciate the encouragement I received.

I appreciate the hope that I now have with this struggle.

And I recognize answered prayers.

The lesson I learned today is that, yes, as women we are STRONG and can do so many amazing things, BUT that doesn't mean we should let that image of strength blur the fact that we also need to let others help us from time to time.



1 comment:

  1. So glad you have found some answers. It makes it a little easier to stick it out when you have a treatment plan and know there is an end in sight! Hang in there! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...