Friday, November 11, 2011

Fab Food Friday: From the Hubbs!

This entry is a la Hubbs. For my birthday he planned a couple meals and spoofed me by taking pictures of one of the things he made...he thinks he's so cute...and he is.

Whenever I get my new Southern Living in the mail, glee, giggles and ignorance of all things "chores" take place...I love my SL's for many reason's, one being the recipes. I earmark the one's I want to try and write them on my "To make" list that I keep on the side of the fridge. This is one of the recipes that I wrote down from the June 2011 mag....

Grilled Tomato Bruschetta

Ingredients

  • 16 (1/2-inch-thick) French bread baguette slices 
  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 
  • 4 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
  • 1/2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced 
  • 1/2 cup torn fresh basil (he used dried)
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper 

Preparation

  • 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. (My hubbs opted to use the oven instead) Brush both sides of bread with oil. Grill 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side or until toasted.
  • 2. Toss together tomatoes and next 5 ingredients; serve over bread slices. The hubbs chose to top each with a slice of Mozza then toast them longer in the oven until the cheese is melted.

These, were AMAZING....I was quite surprised by my wonderful husband and VERY pleased with this bruschetta. The onions made the dish and I probably could have eaten these for my whole meal, but we decided (for protein's sake) to throw in some chicken that had been marinated in Balsamic vinegar with garlic and herbs = great combination!

Gah, reading over this is making me want to make these tonight with dinner instead of what I had already planned, hum....


1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing!! I will definitely have to try that one too. Simple yet delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...