Monday, November 14, 2011

Queen of the Castle...

I've heard this many times over once people found out that we were having another boy, "You'll be the Queen of the castle!" It's rare that at the age of my boys currently that I feel like the "Queen," but today was one of those rare days. My oldest was in an unusually good mood for a Monday. I heard "pleases, may I's, thank you's" so much you would have thought I was slipping him bribe candy all day or something. But, in fact, he was just being his sweet self.

Tonight I taught him how to play "London Bridge is Falling Down."  He loved it and caught on really quick. He especially caught on to the "Fair Lady" part. And me being the "lady" he sees more than anyone else I became his "Fair Lady." My husband then told him that the Fair Lady needs to be protected by her knights, thus naming him my knight and shining armor. I'm not going to lie, my heart did do a little flutter to hear that I was someones Fair Lady and that I had more "protectors" out there.

Amidst all the craziness that entails having a house full of boys, there are many upsides that accompany them! This M.O.B.(mother of boys) has felt very loved and respected today....now here's to hoping that this trend will continue tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...