Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hot, Hot, Jalapeno rolls!

I'm always at a loss of what to bring to get togethers, especially the typical Christmas ones where you bring appetizers. Why? Because these are my favorite types of parties and the food MUST be great (I mean I look forward to these appetizers ALL year!) so I put pressure on myself to bring something that I think is amazingly tasty. Ha, and if nobody else cares for it, I am MORE than glad to finish it off :)

We went to a Christmas party this past Friday and I wanted to bring something savory. I decided to be a good wife and keep my hubbs in mind when creating this appetizer. Along with my friend Lindsey, we dreamed this creation up.....

Ingredients
2 cans of crescent rolls
1 1/2 packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sharp shredded cheese
crumbled bacon(as little or much as you like)
diced jalapenos(seeds removed), I used about 1/3 cup, adjust according to your taste!
dash or so of garlic powder
dash of pepper

1. Unroll one can of crescent rolls and pinch together the seams that you would normally tear apart

2. Mix together the rest of the ingredients

3. Spread half of the mixture over the dough

4. Roll the dough (hot dog style, NOT hamburger) like you would cinnamon rolls

4. Using a sharp knife cut the roll into slices 1/2"-3/4" wide

5. Repeat with second can of crescent rolls


6. Bake at 375 degrees for 11-14 minutes


**This recipe will make about 40 rolls**

These turned out better than I thought they would. My hubbs and I loved them and had to force ourselves to stop "taste-testing" them so we could arrive with some at the par-tay :) Enjoy and Merry Christmas Parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...